cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM contract in awaiting approval state

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are facing an issue where srm contract is approved via a n step badi workflow. But even after completion of workflow the document remains in awaiting approval state.

The step which sets the document status to released status is called in background step in workflow.

If we examine the workflow logs they indicate the successful execution of this release step without any error.

However document is not released.

On further investigation we found that if the business partners who are present in active version and who have got expired at the time of creation of change version causes this to happnen.

Presently we have a workaround by which we replace the expired business partner with a new business partner in active version and then release the change version.

However to develop a permanent fix we are not able to replicate this scenario in our system.

Kindly provide your guidance on this issue.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

you have a root cause of this problem

On further investigation we found that if the business partners who are present in active version and who have got expired at the time of creation of change version causes this to happnen.

for testing purpose you can delete this test user or ask basis person to inactivate this user .

1. create a GOA by test user19 buyer1)

2. Approve a GOA by test manager1

3. now delete user1 or inactivate the user1 id BY CHANGING THE VALIDIDTY DATE OF THE USER .

4. revise the GOA by user2 (buyer2) and approve it . will you recreate the same /

RELEASED AT TOP BUT CHANGE VERSION AWAITING FOR APPROVAL IN THE APPROVAL PREVIEW.

if your analysis is true. it is your wonderful investigation.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I tried the same procedure as suggested by you but that did not replicate the issue. The strange thing is that the workaround works correctly.

Can you please suggest some other way out.

Regards,

Rohit

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

STILL do you have any entry in bbp_docuement_tab table for this contract?

any clue from the APPROVAL applet over view . DOCUMENT CHANGED or STATUS CHANGED ...i

DOCUEMENT STATUS CURRENTLY BEING CHANGED- DO YOU SEE THIS.

release status might be set . let me check with my technical friend get back to you