cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch between SNP-PPM and SNP-PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In APO I have both SNP-PPM and SNP-PDS, but right now I am having some trouble with the bucket time from the PDS so I am trying to temporarly change my PDS to PPM.

My query is:

- Is there a way in APO to make the SNP-PPM the default production model over theSNP- PDS?

I was searching for some kind of documentation on this topic and I found that I should change the priority for the PDS throught the PDS_MAINT transaccion in ECC, is this the only way to do it?

Thank you in advance,

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use following steps

1. Deactivate Integration model for PDS in R/3

2. Go to Product-location master in APO > PP-DS tab > Order creation > Plan Explosion - chane it to 2 (PPM)

Now, APO will use PPM

The moment you activate PDS im model, it will automatically change to 5 and APO will use PDS.

Let me know if you need any help.

Vipul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vipul,

I tried this method of changing the Plan Explotion = 2 but it didn't work.

I was getting always the SNP-PDS by default.

Do you know if there exists somewhere I can configure the Plan Explotion but for SNP-PDS?

thank you in advance,

Fernando

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

If you select default values from customizing under the plan explosion tab in PPDS,

the system uses the task list type that you have set in the customizing for PP/DS

under Maintain Global Parameters and Default Values. Hence you can change

the usage to PDS globally.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Do you think this would work with SNP - PDS?

So what I understand is that I will choose which default configuration I want, either using PPM or PDS but only for PP/DS usage?

Thank you in advance,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SNP heuristics planning source determination gives first preference to Quota arrangement.

You may include PDS as a source of supply in the inbound quota arrangement of the product.

There is a BADI BAdI /SAPAPO/PWB_SOS to modify the content and the sequence of the sources of supply in the ranking list.

The normal ranking list for SNP source determonation is as below:

Quota arrangements

Procurement priority

Procurement costs

Procurement type

There are two other BADIs releveant as below:

u2022 /SAPAPO/CURTO_SNP ) Enhancements When Creating an SNP PDS (R/3) (Generation)

u2022 /SAPAPO/CULLRTOSNP ) Change SNP/CTM Production Data Structure Data (Generation)

Hope this gives some options.

Regards

Datta