Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Derived Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I want to know what I am missing with derived roles:

Role 1 has transaction 'MM01' which is Parent, gave full authorization to Org level and maintained authorization for material master.

When I derive Role 2 from Role 1, i see all lights 'Yellow' for MM again, what I am missing? When I derive a given role, authorization values should be brought in from parent correct?

your thoughts?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

Derive role 2 should take all the authorization values you maintained in parent role. But you have to maintain the orzanization value in derived role only.

Generation of derived role from parent role will resolve you issue.

Hope this helps

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

Derive role 2 should take all the authorization values you maintained in parent role. But you have to maintain the orzanization value in derived role only.

Generation of derived role from parent role will resolve you issue.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the steps as listed below. This should resolve your issue.

Assumption: You have already created a parent role(Role1) and Derived role(Role2)

Steps:

1. Go to transaction PFCG. Enter the role parent role name(Role1) and click on change role.

2. Go to authrization tab and click on "Change Authrization data"

3. Go to Authrizations(Menu Bar) --> Adjust Derive --> Generate Derived roles

Go back to transaction PFCG and check the derived role(Role2). Values should populate as in the parent role(Role1).

Note: Org level values need to be change individually in all derived roles.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

Connecpk and Anjan - Guys thanks for prompt response, I was almost close I was focusing more on derived role rather than Parent; there is steped in pit.

But thanks much!