SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP_PLU vs. WBBDLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I have a trouble, I am implementing a Best Practice Retail.

At integration of POS and POSDM, in the XI module, the best practice suggest IDOC WBBDLD Assortment List, to update articles changes.

I have a lot experience using IDOC WP_PLU for download articles to the POS. SAP validated all points necesary for download IDOC with WP_PLU and the change pointers. Does IDOC WBBDLD has the same behavior?

Could someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages for using each IDOC?

Thanks a lot

elsiete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

dIFFERENCE IS SIMLE THE FUNCTIONAL ASPECT - WPMA is for any list of article. where as WPDM is for using the Assortment funtionality. Advantage/disadvantage is based on process & control you want to use ( for assortment you have to use WBBDLD).

I hope this will clearify you.

Edited by: Kapil Chopra on May 14, 2010 6:39 AM

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

dIFFERENCE IS SIMLE THE FUNCTIONAL ASPECT - WPMA is for any list of article. where as WPDM is for using the Assortment funtionality. Advantage/disadvantage is based on process & control you want to use ( for assortment you have to use WBBDLD).

I hope this will clearify you.

Edited by: Kapil Chopra on May 14, 2010 6:39 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Very helpful answer.

I am trying to understand why I have to work with assortment list.... I would created Assortment list for many types of material and the only difference I found is the lead time por each assortment.

But if I used one lead time for all of my articles, I don't need assortment list functionality por POS download.

Am I rigth??

elsiete.

0 Kudos

Yes , As i was mentioned it is up to business process & control requirement.

Generally for the parishible goods you require to send the updated price on dailly basis at such scenerio this is very useful process. if this is not the case for you and all the artcle same in all respect for you then Assortment list is not required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi elsiete,

can u share how to download article using wp_plu ? is there a t-code so we can download article automatically or we must create a FM ? I am trying using IDOC....

thanks a lot

Set

0 Kudos

Hi..

You can schedule a batch job for transaction code u201CWPMAu201D

A Minhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can scheduled WMPU, for download WP_PLU with change pointers and WPMA for download a directly request

elsiete