Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service PO changes in SRM are not transffered to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SRM 5.0, SP13 ECS scenario.

If the service PO has more than 4 line items, changes on the PO are not flowing in to the backend. I checked RZ20, the message is

Exception condition failure raised and the PO goes in to error in process on SRM front.Also it dumps in R/3 regarding the same.

If I have a less than or equal to 4 line items, changes flow in to the backend PO with no issue. This is weird.

I have looked in to couple of notes but not suitable for SRM 550.

Also one more test that i have done was. Create a service PO with one line item..Po got replicated R/3. Now i deleted the line item in SRM PO..system has put deletion indicator next to the line item. At this point i undeleted the line item in change po and ordered it again. this did not flow in to back end po. I checked RZ20, error says. Please enter account assignment category. Which is irrelavent.

The point here is ,SRM PO changes doesnt flow in to R/3 in ECS all the time. I have been looking in to possible OSS notes, for SRM 5.0 ECS scenario, but in vain.

Any one out there who faced similar situations for ECS and PO's between SRM and R/3, Please throw some light on this issue, and give me inputs/direction/oss notes.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi krishna

Note 1380047 - Replicate service items with 100% discount from SRM to ERP

pleas eupdate here waht you changed in SRM not reflected in ECC . there are some BADIs helps .

for example if you read some Vengala reddy thread , you might come to know how to bring the changes into ECC and did the same in SRM.

for example Payterm etc.

it is one of the grey area on SERVICE and DATA INSYNC between ECC and SRM. definetly customer feels the pain,

I Could understand people pain from the forum on ECS ...mainly data sync.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Just reduced the price for all the line items on SRM PO. Wondering why its ok with 4 or less than 4 line items, and errors out for more than 4. Any idea what could be root cause?

Thanks!

Krishna

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly i dont know. try in development box and debug for more understanding and how it behaves.

/people/summer.wang/blog/2010/05/11/trouble-shooting-of-srm-po-transfer-error

which BAPI calls when you modify the data in SRM.

I know it is one of the pain caused to the customers .

I keep searching and update you if i get any oss mesages.

you can create a new thread for quick help. sorry i disturbed your thread.

is that PO created by Purchaser or SC -PO . Is it refers any contract in the PO or SC?

Are PO messages are created in SRM or avoiding to create messages in ECC by enhancement . definetly this inconsistency in other follow on docuemnt and makes you more worry.

Note 1360170 - Price not updated on change of unit for a Item

Note 1270025 - Duplicate line items when change Purchase Order

Note 630097 - BAPI_PO_CHANGE: Processing several service items

Note 1167266 - BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI does not import the changes made in BADI

IS CHANGE VERSION CREATED FOR MODIFIED PO AND APPROVED IT?

Muthu

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

hI

When you get the BAPI_PO_CHANGE test data , please goto the POSERVICES struncture and check the PACKNO.

It should be a dummy packno like 00000001 0000002 .... +1 for every service line.

Then please go to the MM table ESLL. If there is any entry with the dummy packnos , it would be the problem .

if MM service document occupid the dummy packnos , It would cause duplication , inconsistancy as packno is the key to link services with different documents, items.

You have to optimzie the MM-SRV internal service packno number range setting and free the dummy packnos in backend system for SRM .

Summer Wang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

BAPI_PO_CHANGE is called to transfer the change of service PO .

To investigate further , you have to create a test data in BAPI_PO_CHANGE in order to find out which MM error is issued during the retransfer of the change PO , with Okcode = transfer in BBP_PD or user transfer report directly.

About how to get the test data in BAPI_PO_CHANGE , Please check the following document :

/people/summer.wang/blog/2010/05/11/trouble-shooting-of-srm-po-transfer-error

If you want to debug the transfer of PO

1, In SRM B46B_DPO_TRANSFER is called dynimicly up to the backend system release . You could find the FMs in table BBP_Function_map

2, Then BBP_inbound_po is called in backend system by remote function call , in which system judges if BAPI_PO_Create1 or BAPI_PO_CHANGE should be called . Service dummy packno in also filled there if I remembered correctly.

MM program starts since BAPI_PO_CHANGE is called , nearly all the errors are issued in BAPI_PO_CHANGE .

I hope this will help you .

Summer Wang

Edited by: Summer Wang on May 13, 2010 7:52 AM