cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Multipage Tiff Image

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to use the Latest version of Crystal report for our project. Our requirement is to show the Multipage tiff image in the Detail section.

We get the data and image path from the Database and show the details in the report. I downloaded Crystal report 2008 trial version and designed the report. When I preview the report, I see the image but only the 1st page of the Image comes. Other pages of the Tiff image does not show.

Is there a way we can display all the pages of the tiff image in the report.?

Also we cannot split the tiff image as some times we may have 5 or 6 pages in the Tiff image.

Thanks for the help in Advance.

Looking forward for the solution.

Regards

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

No, all of our OLE Object types will only show the first page of the Doc. CR will not expand the image across multiple pages not will it do so for PDF's, RTF's and any other object of this type.

Options are to have a separate Tiff for each page or find another format to get that Tiff info into the report that can span multiple pages.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Options are to have a separate Tiff for each page or find another format to get that Tiff info into the report that can span multiple pages.

>

> Thank you

> Don

Hi Don,

Do you have any suggestions as to which format might actually work with multiple pages. I guess I should say that it seems strange that such innate functionality of TIFF files like having multiple pages is not respected by actually printing all of those pages and only printing the first.

All the best!

Joe

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don already answered that question when he stated above: "No, all of our OLE Object types will only show the first page of the Doc. CR will not expand the image across multiple pages not will it do so for PDF's, RTF's and any other object of this type."

For a solution via pdf export, see my answer above.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

can somebody tell me, how to split a multipage TIFF in SAP. I must split it to get it in the further processing via ADOBE Forms.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards Marc

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please start a new thread. This question is closed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don

Thanks for the answer. We can programatically split the Multipage image into diff tiff images. But can we add the ole object or picture object programatically into the report? Because the no. of pages in the tiff is not constant.

Thanks

VJ

0 Kudos

Depending on the Version you are using and the development language you are using depends on if you can do it programatically.

Using RAS you can, post your question in the .NET Developer Forum or look for samples on how to first, any questions then post.

Thank you

Don

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At least one of the 3rd-party Crystal report Desktop Scheduling tools listed at: http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html

provides a solution for this. It allows you to automate the process of exporting Crystal reports to pdf files and merging those pdf files with dynamically named (based on formulas inside the Crystal report) multi-page TIFF files.