Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME11/ME12 Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to restrict users access in ME11/ME12 from being able to create/change consignment info records. From what I have been able to find, there appears to be no way of doing this. I'm wondering if I am missing something or if anyone knows of a way to do this.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kim Gebele

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Check with below authorization objects. Give activity 03 only and then test the same for all object.

M_EINF_EKG Purchasing Group in Purchasing Info Record

M_EINF_EKO Purchasing Organization in Purchasing Info Record

M_EINF_WRK Plant in Purchasing Info Record

Better to do this with test role then implement in live role.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate the feedback. My problem isn't restricting access to those objects but restricting the user to not being able to create a Consignment Info Record. I apologize if I wasn't clear in my initial posting.

0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Yes, I agree you need to check the object in Trace file and also object checked in SU24 for transaction that I already mentioned.

From the trace file check the object and restrict the particular object to activity 03 and then user will not be able to create or change inforrecord .

Cheers:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Check the authorization objects being checked for TCODE ME11/ME12 in SU24. You can restrict the access by giving suitable values to the activities field ( just don't give 01,02) in these authorization objects .

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim

The best way of finding how to restrict access for create/change consignment info records through transactions ME11/ME12 is to do a trace to find out the exact object being checked while performing the job. Seems like object M_EINF_EKO(Actvt 01 for create, ACTVT 02 for change) should help to restrict the access.

Thanks.

Anjan