cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI thread count per Receiver Determination rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does XI create interface instances/threads per rule found within a Receiver Determination? Such that we should expect one thread per rule? How are threads related to each rule within the receiver determination? What is the ratio, 1 thread per rule, or one thread per receiver determination? What is the impact on system performance in relation to rule count?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by Thread Count?

If I have n coonditions defined in a Receiver Determination.....each (by default) corresponding to a separate Receiver.....then depending on the fulfillment of the the conditions that many Receivers will be called and that many message processings will be initiated.

he Rule COunt does not have an impact.....the message processings initiated have an impact

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 12, 2010 10:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

thank you very much for your quick response!

Yes I think you understood my question. My concern was related to the number of rules/conditions within the receiver determination; so from what you said it appears I could have hundreds of conditions-- with no true inherent worker thread impact, but only those rules matching a receiver ever actually spawn a worker thread. I had been told to limit conditions within the receiver determination because each condition equated to an adapter worker thread.

Thanks,

Will

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See an Adapter works in AE and Receiver Dtermination in IE......for receiver Determination to work the message should be first picked by your sender adapter.....only then it comes to determination (in IE).

But note that messages picked up by one sender channel will be coming to the determination (even if it has n conditions)......we wont have multiple channels picking the message and delivering to same determination...

The number of conditions satisfied by the determination will initiate that many receiver adapter threads.....and it is just because of the conditions being validated (as true) and not because of the number of conditions being maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

very clear, thank you!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok new to this point posting thing... I marked the wrong answer... correcting it....