Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry Level SAP Positions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a graduate from Chico State University with a degree in Accounting Information Systems. I took multiple classes that allowed me to learn through the SAP ERP system.

My question is: Does anyone have any tips to help me find entry level positions working with SAP?

I have a hard time even finding positions with SAP that don't require a couple years of experience.

I have done multiple searches and I always find SAP positions that require 5+ years experience in different modules of the SAP Framework. I have about 2 years worth of in-class experience but it's hard for me to say how truthfully I can equate that to work experience required for positions.

Also, would it be worth my while to look into SAP training courses or Certifications of some sort to help give me a better edge in my job search?

Thanks,

Aaron

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

We've placed several students from Chico through the SCN Career Center. Make sure to post your resume and sign up for job alerts, and apply for jobs, even if you are not a 100% fit. Also, I would encourage you to become active on SCN and start participating in the forums, wikil, blogs, etc. This way you will be able to begin building relationships with SAP partners and customers on SCN, and at the end of the day, relationships do make a huge difference. Good luck!

Claudine

0 Kudos

Hello Claudine,

Thanks for this post. I had no idea that placement occurs through SCN at times. Can you give me a quick pointer as to where to begin in terms of putting a resume, for example.

I am fairly new to SAP® as well as the SCN, and have only recently achieved my CO certification, but am having an uphill tread finding that first project.

Best,

Omar Ali