cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening sales order in new browser window

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have ALV table in which one of the columns is sales order number. I made the column as hyperlink so that user can click on it. when the user clicks on this i am calling an event handler method which is linked on_click event of the ALV interface controller . i am able to capture the sales order number in the method. Now i want to call va03 transaction for this sales order in a new browser window. we are going to integrate this application in portal. any ideas?. i heard something about the object based navigation. how to do this?

thanks

Edited by: sudhakar murthy on May 12, 2010 6:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhakar, you could launch a popup window.

Check:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/WebDynproapplicationtodisplayaPop-upwindowonthebrowser

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please read the question before answering. i am not asking about how to create pop up windows.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Check out the below code to open a Transaction from WD in an external window and pass the value in that Transaction. I am passing the value here in the VF03 transaction's Billing document screen field .

DATA: url TYPE string,

host TYPE string,

port TYPE string.

*Call below method to get host and port

cl_http_server=>if_http_server~get_location(

IMPORTING host = host

port = port ).

CONCATENATE host ':' port

'/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/?~transaction='

'*VF03 VBRK-VBELN=123456' " 123456 is the value you are passing into the Billing document screen field of the

INTO url. "VF03 transaction

*get the window manager as we are opening t code in external window

DATA lo_window_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_window_manager.

DATA lo_api_component TYPE REF TO if_wd_component.

DATA lo_window TYPE REF TO if_wd_window.

lo_api_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

• call the url which we created above

lo_window_manager->create_external_window(

EXPORTING

url = url

RECEIVING

window = lo_window ).

lo_window->open( ).

Hope it helps you...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Consider if you really want to launch VA03. There is a Web Dynpro ABAP version of Sales Order Maintenance/Display - LORD_MAINTAIN. You might want to try this instead of launching VA03 via the SAPGUI for HTML.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This might only exist in newer Enhancement Package/Support Package levels - but there is a class called CL_URL that helps you build URLs for a variety of different UI technologies. It has a method for SAPGUI for HTML (method ITS).

If you have access to this class, it is preferable to building the URL string manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar, i apologize, i understood you wanted to know how to open a popup window from WDA in order to, after that, call the transaction.

Hope other answers given will be helpful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sanket

thanks for reply

I do not want to hard code the vbeln value. in that case how do i build the url? i am not clear on the URL building.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jung,

I was actually using the LORD_MAINTAIN, but it seems that authorization checks coded into this application are different from standard VAO3 application. we have removed the sales order change authorisation for a user and asked to execute LORD_MAINTAIN and vao3 separately. user was able to change the order in WD but not from VA03. so that is reason i want to go back to r/3 tcode.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Store your VBELN value in a global attribute type vbeln and pass this value to the screen field. Ensure that you have marked the attribute as public and activated the component controller.

CONCATENATE host ':' port

'/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/?~transaction='

'*VF03 VBRK-VBELN=' wd_comp_controller-><Global attribute>

INTO url.

Answers (0)