cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Patch level question

Former Member
0 Kudos

The whole patch/support pack/SP stack thing confuses me to be honest.

I am trying to activate our maintenance license. Everything seems to be working correctly but I still get the message that I have no valid maintenance cert when I go into SPAM or SAINT.

I came across a note that said

"As of SPAM/SAINT 700/0032 (which is what I have) you must use SAP kernel patch 145 or higher to ensure that the installed maintenance cert can be recognized by SPAM or SAINT"

I am on kernel 701/0032. When I look under "My Company's Application Components" on the support portal all I see under 701 is patch 69 as the highest. Under 710 they list up to 196 and then under 711 they list up to patch level 80.

Do I just upgrade all the way to 711 or do I have to stay with 701?

Since neither 701 or 711 go up to patch level 145, would I have to use 710 for it to trigger the patch level requirement?

If going up to 710 or 711, do I have to install just the latest (711/0080) or do I have to load every one in sequence from 701/0032 all the way up to 711/0080?

Win2008 server with SQL2008 on 64bit machine and OS if it makes a difference.

Edited by: Jeff Bailey on May 12, 2010 5:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still does not recognize license. Not answered but closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

701/0032 SPAM version

License does show up in SLICENSE and is valid until mid Aug but I still get the message in SPAM/SAINT saying it's not.

Edited by: Jeff Bailey on May 12, 2010 8:32 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should not be the case. But when u will go to SPAM to apply some patches it will show you one pop-up saying maintenance certificate is installed or not. Might be you can delete maintenance certificate from slicense and again install it. Then try.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what I was looking at, SPAM/SAINT uses BASIS patch level (I think) and it is 701/0002. Sorry for the confusion.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, just go to transaction SPAM and there below Menu Bar it will show you SPAM version. What is that version ?

Second, as far as maintenance license is concerned go to transaction slicense and Click on New licenses there you can check for you maintenance license. Also, maintenance license is only valid for 3 months.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had already requested the license and installed it into SLICENSE a couple of weeks back. Took me some time to get the SAPRouter configuration correct.

This is a brand new IDES installation so I do not believe anything is dependent on staying with 701 but i'm not sure.

700/0032 is the SPAM/SAINT version

701/0032 is the Kernel version.

I found NOTE 1240265 that states Kernel needs to be at 145 or higher.

I used SYSTEM > STATUS > SHIFT+F6 to get the Kernel info but SM51 gave me the same answer.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 700/0032 is the SPAM/SAINT version

> 701/0032 is the Kernel version.

You SPAM release is 700 and your kernel release is 701. How can it be possible ?

Make sure that if your system is of release 700 then kernel level should also be of release 700. And if it of 701 release then kernel version should be of 701 release.

Please check it.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you must use SAP kernel patch 145

This is the kernel patch not the SPAM version.

You can get your kernel patch number at SM51 -> release notes

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to stick with 701 only if its not required for any other purpose ,kernel level is also sufficient.

you need to install maintenance certificate which you can request in service market place .

Go to http://service.sap.com/licensekey

and check Maintenance Certificate link here you can find

How to request a Maintenance Certificate in SAP Support Portal guide.

Apply the license using SLICENSE transaction and then you can proceed with your SP updation.

Regards,