cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to deploy Web Service Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have built a web service proxy, now I need to decide where to deploy it. It will be invoked by an inegration process.

My choices are:

(1) Our main PI integration server. This is HA and UNIX based, and is the "big, robust" box with lots of resources.

(2) Our PI remote adapter engine. This is a lightweight Windows-based box that is not HA, used mainly for PI to access windows file shares.

I am assuming I should deploy to (1). But since this is where the integration process is running (which is the client to the web service proxy), is there any reason they should not be on the same box? I thought a read a help doc that said to not install a (web service? java?) proxy on the main integration server, but I can't find the reference now. Wasn't sure if a deadlock scenario was possible, like when one web service calls another web service on the same web server, and there is heavy load.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

RBL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I don't think there will be an issue going with option 1. But you might be interested in checking how much calls will be made by the service.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neetesh. The load will be light, we are throttling it to 1 message at a time.

I'll take your advise and go with (1).

Points awarded.

RBL

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Although i do not have an exact answer, i'm just thinking out loud.

Since the integration processes run on the ABAP stack of the XI system and you would be deploying your webservice on the Java stack of the system, i do not foresee any dead lock situation as such.

ANyways, i will wait with you for the experts to comment.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi