cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigger email notification for second approver of two step shoping cart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem whereby the second approver of a two step shopping cart didn't receive an email notification to approve shopping cart. Can some please let me know if possible to trigger email.. We are using SRM 4

A user raised a shopping cart (This was a two step shpping cart)

The email for the shopping cart reached the first approver (The first approver approved the shopping cart)

It appears that the email wasn't sent to the second approver.

1. I have cheched tcode BBP_PD, the shopping cart status is in process. in here you can also see that the workitem has been created for the second approver. See below

Task WS10000031

Text Two-step approval of shopping cart 1000032632

Status STARTED

Statustext In Process

Date 07.05.2010

Time 14:14:56

2. I also checked SWI1 and I can see that the first approval is completed and the shopping cart is waiting on approval from the second approver.

3. I have checked tx SOST. No trace of the email being sent.

4. I have logged in as the user himself and the workitem is there for approval in inbox.

5. I have checked tcode SWPR, there apear to be no errors.

Please help

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While Executing the Report RSWUWFMLEC Can you keep break point at "PERFORM select_workitems".

It should fetch the work items which are in READY Status OR "READ or WAIT" based on Selection Screen.

Hope you are using the correct report in SRM RSWUWFMLEC not RSWUWFML2 <Because later one is not completable for SRM).

All the best,

- Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I should have mentioned that this problem has happened for two shopping carts only, for one particular user. Since this has happened the user has recieved all email notifications of approval for all shopping carts raised since. I 'm just looking to push out the emails that he didn't reeceive.

Masa - We have the program RSWUWFMLEC running as a sheduled task and the parameter Forward Work Item is set to X for user. The second approver does have the work item in his inbox.

Vamsi - I've tried to debug with "PERFORM select_workitems" , I'm afraid that it's not working out very well. In debug mode breakpoint menu, select breakpoint at and subroutine and entered PERFORM SELECT-wrokitems. I then executed from the debugging control menu. I'm not sure what to do next. I don't have experience of debugging programs.

Thank you all for your help

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

For any special cases like this we need to check why only that specific Foreground Task (Dialogue) which is READY or WAITING status are not Selected in that Given Perform. Pls take ABAPers Help.

You no need to send all the mails to user in case of failure,

Pls try this.

1. At what time the dialogue step (using SWIA) got generated for the user. (Say 12:27 13/050/2010)

2. After Dialogue Step is generate at what time the job got executed RSWUWFMLEC. (assume at 12:30 13/05/2010)

3. After The job got executed, at what time the Job for sending emails out of SAP has executed. (Assume at 13:00 13/05/2010).

4. In SOST Check the mails generated Only between 12:25 and 13:10, so that you can do your analysis in case of Message transmission.

To understand why that ONLY two shopping carts approval dialogue steps were not notified by program RSWUWFMLEC, we need to debug keeping break point at that perform.

All the best.

- Vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your help,

I didn't mange to debug but I maanged to reolve my issue. Thank you for you help.

Alex

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If no workitem is delivered to the approver, he never gets notification email. In that case, issue is in your workflow agent determination and not in email notification setting side. Please check workflow log in SWI6 or SWI1 transaction.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexsh,

We are facing the same issue as faced you i.e. for few shopping carts only, for one particular user approver didn't receive an email notification to approve shopping cart.

Can you please help us understand how this issue was resolved?

Any pointers will be highly appreciated,

Thanks & Regards,

RKS

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the second approver get the workitem in his/her inbox? Did you schedule the RSWUWFMLEC program?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the approver attribute 'FORWARD_WI' is maintained 'X' in the org.structure?

Regards,

Saravaan