cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps to execute SE38 transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SAP Web AS 7.0 on Win 2k8 machine with irj portal deployed on it. I need to get some SAP system level information and for that i need to execute SE38 transaction. I did some browsing but could not found a way to execute this transaction.

Here my assuumption is that logging in via saplogon tool might provide access to the GUI from where i can execute this transaction but connection to SAP using saplogon tool fails for some reason(partner sapdbb00 not reached).

Please suggest me the possible ways to execute SE38 transaction. Any help on this is highly appreciated

Thanks In Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Are you sure that you are running an ABAP+Java stack? If you are running a java only system, you can forget this..

From the url on which you are accessing the portal, you can find out on what system number it is running. So if you see 53000 in the url, than (if there is any) your ABAP stack is running on instance number 30.

Furthermore you can get system information via the portal -> system administration -> support -> SAP WebAS system information.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am using Java only system. Is it possible to run SE38 transaction from this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible at all.

These are abap Tx codes.

Regards,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No... SE38 is a transaction that belongs to ABAP AS

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David,

You need to configure SAP Logon pad first.

Consult your basis and get basic information

Application server 
Instance number
System ID

Then configure it.

After that you can acess SE38 provided you have auth.

Regards,