cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append, Insert controlling in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently I have to manually select the new line to that is appended or inserted. I want that when use press Append or Insert button in ALV it should pass the control and the new line to become the lead select row. My requirement is that when user make changes in the default fields and press append or insert, these default values should be replaced in the Item Detail section for that particular new row. I am able to capture the event when user press Append or Insert.

Shall appreciate soonest response.

Thks & Rgds,

Hemal

Edited by: Hemal Gandhi on May 12, 2010 4:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it sounds like you want to used the Append/Insert functionality to just validate your inputs and re-wrote the whole row with the new changes; you don't really want to add a new row?

if I understand correct I think you will need to create your own custom APPEND/INSERT BUTTON to disable standard functionality of Adding a new row to the ALV and run ON_DATA_CHECK to modify current entries behind your custom button.

I will hide the APPEND/INSERT standard button and add a custom button at the same position with the same text calling ON_DATA_CHECK and binding new values to the row that has been change.

Maybe someone else has a better approach but that's what I will do, and I know it works!

thanks!

Jason PV