cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI SD - How to work with several discount conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are working with the standard ANSI X12 Idoc. In it, we have so many different reasons for discounts. But in SAP I cannot repeat the same condition when I am entering the Sales Order.

May I create one different price condition to handle all the different types of discounts? Or is there any other solution?

Can anybody with experiente in USA EDI answer me please?

Points will be given

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roger

You need to create separate condition types for different discounts- e.g., customer/material, customer Group/material, Material etc. There could be some scope to map a few 'reasons' of your legacy system to one SAP SD pricing condition type, but that would depend upon your scenario. While sending EDI messages to customer, typically key subtotals are sent, e.g., Gross Value before discounts, Net value, Tax amount etc., and so there may be no reason to give a detailed breakdown of pricing to customers. But if it is needed, you can develop/modify segments and fields to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Idoc is OK (have segments enaught for everything). But we have the problem because the customer needs in the Invoice Idoc the detail of each discount.

I mean:

They send us 2 discounts: A300 & A400 por example.

We can map that both discounts are refered to condition Z001.

Then we cannot enter twice the condition Z001 for each discount. (Is not permited in "Idoc mode")

If we enter just one with the amount of both, when we will send the Invoice Idoc, how can we know the original discount code ant it's amount??

Well. We finally decided that the better solution is create all the different discounts in the Pricing Procedure. But I think we hace 200 different discounts...

Thanks for helping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Its difficult to understand why u can not input same condition type say Z001 multiple times. If u have 200 discounts..it looks odd to put 200 discount types in Pricing Procedure all with same characteristics.

Check with your ABAPER in debug mode.

There definitely should be some way to put same condition multiple times.

regards

Answers (0)