cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resouce (Manpower) planning in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In our R & D projects, mangement wants to track Resources(Personnel,Manpower) means planning, allocation and tracking of Persons involved in a project. As per my knowledge we can use Resource planning in PS but for that integration of HR module with PS is required, but in our company HR module is not implemented.

My question is that am i correct that we can only do manpower or personnel planning and tracking thru PS if HR module is there?. And, if it is possible to do without HR module being implemented then how can we do that?

Please Advice..

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to do the planning for man-to-man, then you will need HR. But there is workaround if you can define each person as a seperate work center, then also you can do the capacity planning & other resource mangement related functions for the resources available. But this is just a wrokaround, to get the fullfledged functional processes in place it is recommended to have SAP HR for manpower planning.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create work centers equal to the number of persons(identify each work center by a unique name so that it can be co-related with a person) in your system. Define working time for work centers and put capacity,scheduling formulas for the calculation of capacity and scheduling. Also assign the correct cost center(where the person's all expenses such as salary etc.are going to collected), and assign the activity type (determine the correct rate at which this person will be utlilised in the project). Do the price planning for the assigned cost center and activity type(KP26).

Now these work centers can be assigned to network activities for the required duration. Activate capacity calculation for the project, and in various capcity planning reports you can evaluate the capacity requirements and level the capacity.

These very brief steps of the process.

Regards,

Mahendra

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If using HR then use workforce planning function in PS

See SAP help for more details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra

While creating a work center for Persons which work center category shall i use 0003(Labor) or 0006(Project Management)?

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use labor category.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

SAP PS, you don't need to have the whole HR module implemented to do workforce planning. You just need the "mini HR". Here it follows a link to another thread related to this matter:

Hope it is useful.

Kind regards,

Ivanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.