cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV04N - using wild card characters in Object Links to search for documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Object Links for some of the document types in our project u2013 Functional Locations, Documents, Equipment Masters, WBS, etc. However I do not seem to be able to do a wild card search using the CV04N object link search to find a document.

For example, if I enter the full funct location as F9201-HVAC-0001 in the object link field and execute, I will find all documents that have that F/L as an object link. But if I enter 9201 in the object link field, there are no document found.

Am I missing something in configuration that enables wild card searches for object links in SAP DMS.

Thank,

Bill Pickett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

You can make a wild card search from other additional data fielda,description and ,metadata. But object links are not part of this,we are linking to different object which are already available within sap system.

For search thru the objects,we need to define the full characters of the object. System will not search and find the objects.

Which we are doing with other fields. You can't do a wild card search for objects and then the documents related to that object.

In standard environment it's not feasible.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra