Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment indicator in Serial number profile

former_member1042017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to reset the Serial Number With/Without Equipment Requirement indicator in the serial number profile. In the standard function/procedure the indicator is set to 01, which means that when the serial number is created its our call to create the equipment or not. And 02 indicator meand that always an equipment is generated when a serial number is created. But once 02 is put I am not able to reset the indicator. Though after 02 i have put 01 but still the equipment is getting created. Is there some way to reset it?

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correcting typo

It can't be reset- Period- unless you change the standard code. I wouldn't advise it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav

You can't reset once you have chosen option 2. This is what SAP help says " If you choose the indicator "With equipment" this is binding for the user. The indicator cannot be reset."

So the best option for you is to create a new profile and mass change your materials. However there are inherent issues in changing S. No profile midway and you should evaluate them carefully.

former_member1042017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekhar,

Thanks for the answer. But, I still want to know, how this indicator can be reset?

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can't be rest- Period- unless you change the standard code. I wouldn't advise it.