cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is one out bound plug pointing to many inbound plugs ?

KiranJ
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Experts,

i hav the doubt one outbound plug is pointing to many inbound plugs in different view is it possible.

in web dynpro ABAP.

plz help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

KiranJ
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hai Experts,

pointing to many inbound plugs is possibe but it call only view all the times .

last we create navigate link is excuted. plz give give me the reson for that.

thank for reply.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

From the online help:

A navigation link that starts at a window outbound plug in the window always ends at an inbound plug of one or more views of the same window.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b2/0cfa40ee14f26fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

If I make one Outbound Plug O1 in View V1 and Inbound plugs I1 , I2 , I3 in three different views V2, V3, V4 .

Then make navigation link of O1 with all the inbound plugs.

Now at the time of firing the O1, Can we differentiate which inbound to call ?

I am not able to do the same.

Any inputs.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you want such control, then I suggest that you create a single inbound plug into your window and multiple outbound plugs. From a view within your window you call the inbound plug and pass plug parameters. This inbound plug of the window will have a handle method in the window. Within this method you can then decide in code which actual window outbound plug to fire.

This is a common scenario when you want to control the tab switch and place EMPTYVIEWs within the non visible tabs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to have one outbound plug for multiple inbound plug

depends on the condition you mention.

For example 
If you enter range between 10 to 20 you may fire VIEW1 or
if you enter range between 20 to 100 you may fire VIEW2.

When creating navigation link you can set one outbound plug to multiple inbound plugs.

Regards and Best wishes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Can you please elaborate the example you have given.

How to differentiate between different calls if we are having one outbound plug only and many inbound ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my view, We can bound one Outbound plug with only one inbound plug. Let's wait for someone else if they have different views on this topic. But I think it's one to One for Outbound plug.