cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proportional Factors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem where the proportional factors calculated in the APO system are not the same ones that are shown in the log of factor calculation. Does anybody know a reason why this might be happening.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its very simple .. What you should do is create a Time bucket profile with Weeks as the basis and switch to this TBP in your planning book.

I am sure that this time you will find the same proportional factors that are there in the Log present in your planning book as well.

Let me know if this resolves your problem.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry manas I am very new to this.Can you please tell me what will I have to do to check these proportional factors in planning book ? We don't have days but only weeks, Months and years in storage bucket profile. my data is in months in the planning book.

Edited by: Aks Sharma on May 12, 2010 1:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I know the reason for this.. the problem is that the proportional factors are always calculated at the lowest level of granularity of the period present in the Storage bucket profile. So, if your storage bucket profile contains days and months so proportional factor calculation in log actually shows calculation at the day level. I am sure that in your case you have created the data view at a higher level and that's why proportional factors may be getting aggregated.

Can you please check and let me know. thanks

Manas