cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was registering new system for EHP4 upgrade in solution manager for SMSY configuration as per How to install EHP4 A practical guide, while performing last step i.e solution landscape maintenance, I found the entry of SAP ERP in product is missing in SMSY. I have created new system under SAP ERP product in system only but neither the product nor my system is there in SMSY, also when I am trying to add it again even in SAP ECC it says the system is already there. Please guide me how I can get the SAP ERP back under SMSY configurations.

regards,

Mridul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved..

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know much about MOPZ initially I was responding to your SMSY issue

I would assume in EHP1 is showing now because you have reached the base 700 SP for upgrade

It should however be possible to continue patching 700 as upgrade to EHP1 is not usually mandatory

- however this completely depends on the software components that were used in your SP queue calculation

- perhaps MOPZ is picking up another dependancy in your landscape greater than just the base 700 SP level for upgrade

which is flagging an upgrade to EHP1

Best wishes

Stuart

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Traditionally you first have to ensure you have the latest product definitions from PPMS - this means the latest SP for Solution Manager which delivers PPMS definitions for Solution Manager

- also bear in mind the stack recomendations if you are putting in new SPs

Secondly you have to ensure you are looking under the right path for the product definitions - sometimes

these change - as classic example was BW 3.5 which was no longer available under the BW path

and could only be added via the SAP Netweaver path - see note 798994 for details - I would in light of this check

all potential paths for the product definition you want

There could however be a number of changes to Solution Manager since I worked in this area - worth also checking the following notes for the latest information

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue got resolved I can see SAP ERP in SMSY, I selected all products in change mode of system roles while creating another solution but I really wanted to know if I really need to update solution manager before going for upgrade

I have one more query, when I am going to select patches through maintenance optimizer for solution manager I can see the source and target stack level at SMP and when I am putting the source stack(17) and the target stack as latest, solution manager 7.0 EHP 1-23 and going further for download it shows the support packs corresponding to release 701 but not to 700, as my current support pack level for solman is 16(release 700) and I can see there are support pack level up to 21 for release 700, I am confused why it is not taking account the remaining patches for 700 or can I switch directly to 701 and apply the support packs corresponding to release 701.

Please guide.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mridul,

You should be on Solution Manager EHP1 7.0 to install Enhanced Packages. Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 is 7.01 from what I understand.

Typically new questions should be contained in a new post and not tacked on to an existing post.

I will leave your new question for someone that is dealing with upgrades on a regular basis and can guide you correctly.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mridul

The Basis and ABA stack for Solution Manager switches to 701 when you upgrade the Support packages from SP17 to SP18.

SP18 is the SP Stack where the Base EHP1 for Solution Manager is included. In the later SP's ( 19-23 ) there are corrections and a few added features.

So I would suggest first Upgrade the SP stack to SP17 of your Solution Manager. And then you can switch to SP22 /23 whichever you choose so that you are on the latest one.

Should you decide to stay on SP17 ( that is WAS 700 ) you will be running a plain Solution Manager 7.0 system and not Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1.

Hope that this answers your query.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mridul,

You have to first delete entry in server, system and databases.

Then try again.

Thanks

Shashi

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mridul,

You can find more informtion on EHP4 at

> http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards,