cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting reports stored in the Identity Store

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a setup where we would like to store reports generated by Crystal Reports in the Identity Store. That part works fine, but now we are a little bit concerned about leaving the reports in the database when they are of no use any more. Would it be possible to implement some type of spool archiving or delete functionality and would any of you have any experience with setting up such a functionality?

Best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like the right approach. Is it as simple as deleting the mentioned entries from a table and which table would that be? Or could it be done using the view MXIV_SENTRIES?

./Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot delete from MXIV_SENTRIES, neither can/should you (as far as I know) delete directly from the database. But you can write a simple task which deletes a certain entry:

MSKEY 1234

changetype delete

So I guess you will need a script to find all old report entrys (you can do this in MXIV_SENTRIES view) and then call the delete task for each entry.

If someone knows a better way to do this, please correct me.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that did the trick. We will attempt to create a delete task where a function selects the appropriate MSKEY values and returns a multivar attribute with the MSKEY values that we would like to check.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that should not be all that difficult.

Create a sheduled task (maybe once a month), which checks every entry of MX_REPORT and if MX_REPORT_DATE is older than X delete this entry.

Or have I got you wrong?