Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete sales order after creating proforma invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am having the following issue:

I need to generate a proforma invoice. So, I create a new sales order, and then create the invoice based on that same order. The problem is that this sales order keeps its status open, as I understand, because it is pending a delivery. However, I do not wish to create any delivery, only the proforma invoice.

I have created a new billing document type (based on standard F5), as well as a new sales order type and item category.

Can anyone give some pointers on what i need to configure in order to not need to create a delivery?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Joã

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alves,

Do the below steps:

1:When u configure Sales order type in VOV8, there u assign nothing in Shipping parameters ie keep them blank.

2:Now assign billing type F5 or watever Proforma billing type u configured to the Order type in VOV8.

I believe u might have already done the above. Now ur issue is why the Order is still open.

well can u check & revert whether the order is open for invoicing or for delivery.

If its Open for delivery then point 1 above should solve the problem

If its open for invoicing then it is because of standard behaviour of system where if u create a Proforma invoice from a sales order then it remains open because later Actual invoice can be generated from it & posted to FI.

Goto VOFA give the Proforma billing type u configured & change Document category from U to M.

That might solve ur problem.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies!

However, the problem persists. For what I was able to see, the sales order is open for delivery...

I checked VOV8, and the sales order type has all fields blank in Shipping. In VOV7, I have Billing Relevance D, but perhaps some other fields are missing. Do you know what is standard configuration for category item in proforma?

Thank you,

Joã

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your doc config seems to be okay for pro forma invoice..

Kindly check ur header copying control for Sales Doc to Billing Doc (proforma Invoice).

In general for this senario it is

0007-Header/ord.pro forma (E.g. Order related pro-forma invoices can be created to supply customs declarations for non-deliverable items such as services. If a customer has ordered a service, this requirement can be assigned to the header to permit the creation of the proforma invoice.)

And have look on Billing quantity indicator for copy control item. This specifies which quantity the system copies from the source document (a sales order, for example) into the target billing document (an invoice, for example). When you create an invoice for a standard sales order item, for example, the quantity that the system copies into the invoice is the delivery quantity less the quantity already invoiced. If you create a pro forma invoice, the system copies in the order quantity.

C and D for pro forma invoices

Make sure that control of the amount to be billed is directly related to the item category billing relevance.

As we know, "relevant for Billing", indicates what the basis for billing should be.

"D:" Relevant for proforma - The billing relevance indicator must contain a value (not be blank) in order to be able to create pro forma invoices. Indicator "D" can also be used as follows for cross-company-code business processing. In the case of a free-of-charge outbound delivery, the company code that is responsible for the delivery should be granted an internal settlement. You can use indicator "D" to record free-of-charge outbound deliveries and grant internal settlements to the relevant company code.

One thing I like to point out, the sales order will be in open status, even though it has a pro forma invoice.

Till you have not create a confirmed invoice (in case of non deliverable item) or delivery for that sales order.

As you might be aware of, proforma invoice is abridged or estimated invoice sent by a seller to a buyer in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. It notes the kind and quantity of goods, their value, and other important information such as weight and transportation charges.

Still, I have one doubt, is your sales order an indicative doc and is not going to have any relevant accounting entry?

If No, then just give a rethought on your business process & confirm with user?

Thanks & Regards

J Prakash.

Edited by: J Prakash on May 13, 2010 3:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

generation of proforma invoice will never complete your sales order , as you know , in VTFL +/- indicator is missing in case of proforma invoice. You need to change your billing type from proforma to copy of F2 or something alike.

regards.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

a sales order item is relevant for delivery if:

1. item category has flag 'Schedule line allowed' = X (TVAP-LFREL)

2. the schedule line type (present in the schedule line of sales order) has flag 'Item rel.f.deliv.' = X (transaction VOV6)

So if you want an item not relevant for delivery, you can manage these two settings.

Additional information: the schedule line category is assigned to item category by customizing transaction VOV5.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your inputs! I was able to incorporate most of them in order to solve the issue.

Also, I needed to delete all copy control rules for delivery documents that included my item category.

Best regards,

Joã

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go To Tcode- VOV8- Pick ur respective Sales Document type--- Inside in u201CShipping u201C All the fields should be emptyu201D

And in u201C Billing u201C --u201DOrder Related Billing Type should be u201C F5u201D

2) Go to Tcode- VOV7--- Pick ur respective item category -

 in Business data u201C Billing Relevanceu201D it should be u201CDu201D Relevant for Proforma

Now create Sales Order(VA01) - and Do Billing(VF01).

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Seegal