cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATP configuration

0 Kudos

Hi, I am looking to set up a product for Multilevel ATP and would like to know the configuration that needs to be set up for the same w.r.t the following (if applicable)

1. PP planning procedure for the parent and the component

2. Check mode.

3. Any other relevant setting.

I would also appreciate if anyone can suggest a scenario that can be tested.

Regards

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas. I have configured the parent with PP planning procedure 4 and the components with 5. I have set the check mode for the parent to have production type "MATP".

1. Do I have to worry about the check mode for the component?

I have a sales order in the R3 system for the parent and no stock. When I do the availability check, the order is getting confirmed outside the checking horizon as per my setting in the check control. However, this does not create a planned order for the parent for the confirmed quantity. With MATP, I understand that the receipt elements (planned order for the parent) will not be created as only ATP tree structures will be created.

2. Is this understanding correct?

3. If so, is there a way to check these ATP tree structures in APO system?

4. I also used the report /sapapo/rrp_atp2ppds to convert these tree structures (if any) but the system did nothing.

Can you please suggest how to proceed?

Thanks a ton

Praveen

pavan_verma2
Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1.Planning Procedure for the Header should be 5-MATP.

2.If you don't maintain check mode for the component, system throws an error.

3. If the order is getting confirmed at the check horizon, that probably means that MATP is not happening at all or it didn't find any supply at component level too. To check if MATP has actually happened, look for missing parts list in the Product Availability Overview screen.

4. With MATP also, planned order for the header will be created but you have option to create them immediately or later. The conversion depends on the PP/DS horizon, req.dates and scheduling horizon for the conversion.To simplify maintain PP/DS horizon in Product Master for the system to use it. If you chose to convert them immediately by setting PP/DS horizon to 0, system creates a planned order after the saving the sales order.

5. You can display the ATP tree structures in /SAPAPO/ATREE_DSP.

6. Report /sapapo/rrp_atp2ppds is intended to convert ATP Tree Structures manually in foreground or background. System create the planned order at the parent level. So you should look out for the planned order on the requirements date.

Finally, make sure that Production is set in Start Production setting in check instructions.

Hope it helps.

regards,

Mohan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Yes, I see a second schedule line in SCM with the confirmed quantity.

Regards

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pavan, DB and Mohan. I could manage to set up MATP and test the same. This is what I did based on all your inputs.

1. Set up PP planning procedure as 5 for the parent.

2. Checked the requirement class defined by the primary strategy to ensure that MRP is done for the parent and only display for the components as mentioned in Pavan's whitepaper.

3. Changed my check control to No checking horizon. As Mohan rightly pointed out, this was causing my orders to get confirmed outside the checking horizon and hence, removed it.

4. Maintained availability of components.

5. Created a sales order for the parent and subjected that to availability check. This resulted in complete confirmation of the parent as components were fully available.

6. Cheked rrp3 in APO. This reflected the confirmation of the order. @ Pavan: I could see that in your example, even though the schedule line was confirmed in the R3 system, the order was not confirmed in SCM. It was not the case with mine. Can you throw some light on why?

7. Ran atp2ppds report to convert the atp tree structures.

8. Once converted, planned order for the parent got created and dependent demand for the components.

Thanks a lot guys for your timely help. Couldn't have done it without you.

Regards

Praveen.

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

what do you see in SCM , is your sales order is confirmed, do you see second schedule line in SCM.

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The MATP is used if component availability is a bottleneck.

1. PP planning procedure for the parent (4) and the component (5)

2. Check mode. ( Based on Requirement class determined based on the planning stategy etc when the material is CIFed ) .

3. Any other relevant setting.( Most important setting is in check instructions )

Regards,

Srinivas.S