cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV still contains IDocs/RFCs from an SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have imported Idoc to a SWCV. Now am trying to create one more namespace under it. When I try to create another namespace, it automatically selects the check button Import of Idoc and RFC interfaces from SAP systems permitted. If I select not permitted and try to create namespace it gives me this message

Unable to save object XYZ , 1.0 of ABC

Indicator cannot be undone since the software component version still contains IDocs/RFCs from an SAP system

Delete the objects first.

Is it possible for me to create another namespace under a SWCV, to which I have already imported Idoc, by selecting the option " Not permitted ". I want to create another namespace and I don't want to select that option as I have already imported Idoc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible for me to create another namespace under a SWCV, to which I have already imported Idoc, by selecting the option " Not permitted

Idoc/RFC import are namespace independent and are at SWC level. You don't have to uncheck this option as you already have Idocs present in your SWC. Just create a new namespace without bothering about this option.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

It doesn't let me to uncheck that option. If I try to uncheck that option, it asks me to delete the imported objects, which I can't. So all I need to do is create another namespace without bothering about that option.

Thanks Prateek, Madhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Since you have already created the namespace with the check box option permit IDOC and RFC , keep it that,, create a new namespace. It wont affect the other objects

Regards,

Balaji

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You no need to touch that check box, you can still create the namespace under software component.

Just double click lick on software component, goto edit mode and click on + symbol to insert namespace and save then activate.

Note:- As you have already imported the RFC and IDoc under your software component(not namspace as you mentioned), you keep that check box import of RFC and IDocs permitted. Dont try to uncheck that.

thanks,

madhu