cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy UI elements between views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I hope this will be easy for you, but for me it's unknown yet.

I have 5 views within the same WD component, and these views have a section, which supposed to be the same within all 5 views (display some additional data).

They are working from a CONTEX of the componentcontroller.

This section contains a tray, which contains many inputfields and their labels. I've completed with it on the first view, and now I wanted to copy them to the other views.

How can I do this?

Thank you

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked it in NW release 7.02 and 7.01 and it is possible to copy UI elements from one view ( right click on UI element present under rootelementuicontainer and copy it ) and paste it in another view ( same way - insert copied element )

But

Why dont you consider the option of creating another view which contains UI elements to be replicated to other views.

Now create view container UI element in each view and then embed your newly created View in this view container.

This could save lot of your effort

Regards

manas dua

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In NetWeaver 7.02 we also have the concpet of Templates. You can select a group of UI elments in the View (or the Root to get them all), right mouse click, and select Save As Template. The UI elements are then saved in the database and can be inserted into other views at any later time. This persists longer than the copy/paste buffer.

But I agree with Manas, if this area is truely reusable and the data comes from the component controller context why would you make this a separate view and insert via ViewContainerUIElement? Why have 5 copies and when 1 will do?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing else, but the lack of time and knowledge. I don't know ViewContainerUIElement element yet very well, and I don't have a day to try it out... Maybe after this project is over, I'll rewrite it...

And I think we have only 7.00, so the copy function is not working... Oh well, I'll do the job manually, will take a few hours...

Thanx anyways

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Tamas,

In newer version it is giving that option.
I had same requirement, what i did was first i created GROUP that contains many input fields
and then copied the total view and pasted 3 times and modified accordingly. Atleast i escaped from
creating the input box group again for 2 times.

Regards and Best wishes.