cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraction is transformed to decimal after running assignment MDM 7.1SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a problem that occured after upgrade to SP4.

We have an attribute, size, which is in Inches and shown as fraction. (1 1/2 in)

We have an assigment that takes this attribute together with two others to create a short text.

However, when we run this assignment, the size format is transformed from 1 1/2 in to 1,5 in. The fraction is transformed to a decimal.

Before upgrade to MDM 7.1SP4 the format was the same after running the assignment.

Have anyone experienced this? Any quickfix for this problem?

I are at patch 9, but I have checked notes for the latest patches and have not seen a fix for this problem.

KR,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Since it is an Attribute SIZE of type Numeric. Go to Taxonomy Mode-->Click on Attribute SIZE under Attributes Pane.

In Attribute Detail tab, you have Property for this Attribute where you need to set Property Show Fractions = Yes and then Save. After doing this you will see again that the size format is transformed from 1.5 in to 1 1/2 in for every record.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

The Size-attribute is set to numeric, Length, inches and Set Fractions=yes.

We add the value 1 ¾ in and it is displayed correctly in the Data Mangeru2019s attribute list. Then we make an assignment to generate some text based on the attributes. After going through the assignment the value is displayed as 1.75 in.

This functioned in MDM 5.5 SP4 and in MDM 7.1 SP1, but does not work in MDM 7.1 SP4.

KR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I would suggest to please raise a message with SAP on this, might be a bug.

thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

What is type of Assignment Field which you are populating using Assignment Expression. If it is of Type Measurement, check for property Show Fractions = Yes in MDM Console for that field.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini