cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ABAP Web Service tor convert IDoc to XML and transfer to SOAP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem to use ABAP Web Service to convert IDoc's to XML and then send them to a SOAP Server.

Currently we have the following landscape:

SAP->XI->Archive

The sap-system (ECC6.0) sends an IDoc to the Exchange Infrastructe. The XI maps the IDoc and converts it to the required XML format, used by the archive. Afterwards, the XML documents are sended to the SOAP Server.

So I'm trying to replace the Exchange Infrastructure with ABAP Web Service.

I've read a lot of posts and documents reagarding ABAP Web Serivce, converting IDoc's to XML, RFC and so on, but I'm not able to do the replacement.

I don't know how to start and which steps are required.

The required roles and authorizations at the sap-system and the service for soamanager and the Web Service Viewer are available.

First I thought to create the RFC and partner profiles and then the report to convert IDoc to XML as a BAPI. With this BAPI I supposed to create and define a Web Service. The problem is, I don't know how to trigger the report if the Idoc should be send to the archive.

Hopefully, someone has an idea or a how-to for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Christoph

Edited by: BigTicket on May 12, 2010 9:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicola_martella2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BigTicket.

A suggestion to trigger the BAPI / WebService at the IDoc receiving is to use a user exit or enhanced inside the idoc function module. When the idoc arrived to the idoc port the system start the related function module and then your user exit/enhanced in which you invoke your BAPI.

I hope this help.

Ciao.

Nicola