cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large PDF file size in Webdynpro JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have imported a PDF in Webdynpro JAVA using InteractiveForm UI element. During application execution the size of the PDF seems drastically increased and the application performance is very poor.

If I make the PDF form as readonly then the size seems normal.

Any suggestions on the size increase issue with interactive PDF forms in Webdynpro JAVA.

EP 7.01 SP5

ADSSAP 7.01 SP5 (1000.7.01.5.0.20090825153742)

Thanks in advance

Geogi Luke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the size changed only once, the form is bigger than used to be in ABAP. The size of the form is not changing during runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I make enabled property to false in the UI element, then the size is less than 300KB. But the PDF will not be editable in this case.

I think some additions are happening at runtime to the PDF and the size is increasing.

I am using lifecycle designer 7.1 for developments.

Anybody faced similar issues.

Regards

Geogi Luke

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I make enabled property to false in the UI element, then the size is less than 300KB

This is ok, it works this way.

I think some additions are happening at runtime to the PDF and the size is increasing.

Open the file in WD and save it immediately. Work with the form and save it again. Compare.

I am using lifecycle designer 7.1 for developments.

If you can, upgrade to 8.1, you´re efficiency will improve significantly. And of course.. your user experience will change;))

Note 1176858 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.1 Installation

Regards Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the problem like your has been mentioned here few times and it was because the people has bound (oh my, I cannot shape this word, but hope you can understand) the source parameter of the Interactive form UI WD element and every roundtrip (or how the action is called) the size gets like doubled or something. If you could search a little, you will probably find the details in a matter of seconds.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Thanks for your quick response. I have already read those and PDFSource is not bound.

Regards

Geogi Luke

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops, than it could be a new one. Can you describe some details about your form? The complexity of the form for example, the data exchange with the backend, number of pages, layout type. And please specify the size change.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The same form is rendered using Webdynpro Abap and the size is around 230KB.

When it is rendered in Webdynpro JAVA the size goes to 1.17MB.

It has around 9 pages.

I also found an SAP note No. 905753 dealing with similar issue.

But I think my ADS version is more advanced.

Regards

Geogi Luke