cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we install Wily Instroscope in Cluster?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are configuring E2E Root Cause Analysis and our SAP Solution Manager is installed in Windows with High Availability.

We want to install Wily Introscope in the same server as Solution Manager. Do you know if we can install Wily Introscope in each node and then add the service as a new resource in the cluster?

We have look over guides, but we haven't find anything about this issue.

Many thanks!

Esther

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Esther,

Please refer the link http://service.sap.com/diagnostics . On this link you would find tha latest wily installation guide. This guide will contain information on Enterprise Manager Cluster Setup.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The wily install and setup guide talks about a wily cluster to scale the WEM, what is asked in the question is how to set up Wily in a HA scenario. In our case we have Solution Manager 7 EHP1 SP22 on microsoft cluster and SQL server.

Wily exists as a local installation on one of the nodes, what if that node goes down, what we do is to install wily on both the nodes using default port and address it by the virtual name of the sap cluster but i know wily keeps some data in the <local drive>\usr\sap\ccms folder. I am not sure if that matters.

one way i think of doing it is to install it on the CCMS folder on the shared drive and then put the service as a clustered resource but i know that wily interacts with the SMD instance, i am not sure if that will conflict with the setup. i am trying to set up a test cluster and work these options out.

need guidance from a solution manager expert to save the efforts

Edited by: Ruwali yogesh on Jul 21, 2010 1:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruwali,

Did you find answer for your question. I have the same queries like yours.

Can you let me know how did you configure Wily in HA scenario?

Thanks and Regards,

Subashree