cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Chart / Table Title

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do I set the title of a chart/table to display dynamic header?

Here is an image of the scenario that i want to achieve:

http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/11-232042L/5186/jpg/05/2010/img4/glowfoto

When a specific bar on the above chart is clicked, i want the year to be display in (XXXX) as in the title.

Can anyone inspire me whether this is achievable?

Thanks,

Sarah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its possible. Drag one form from the outtput port of the chart. In that form create UI as 'expression box'.

In tha follow the steps -

1. General tab -> last Box (Here you need to select field for that year from the chart,, from data fields & not which is directly available.

2. THen in further tabs select the font & background colour as you want.

3. Then make the condition true.

It will give you the required result.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the reply. I got that work, but it was just the expression box that is dynamically changed, instead of the table title or chart title that i want to change.

Am i missing any steps?

Thanks,

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of using an expression box create a text field in a data store and update with the value using the select event from the output port of the chart or table.

Then in the title create an expression using the data store field.

I think this should work.

Cheers

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thats just a layout arrangement. You can reduce the size & place it on the table header. Then right click on the table & below send that table to the background. If you make the form size similar to table header it will look like what you want.

Also if you make chart colour theme as 'Transperent' instead of dark or nutral, it will eactly look like title. (Option at chart properties)

If this is not what you are looking for then please let me know what else you want.

Regards

Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on May 17, 2010 8:58 AM

Answers (0)