cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid Printing Of a blank page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am facing an issue in printing of a blank page.

The subform on page 2 gets printed only depending on some condition, otherwise its presence is hidden from layout.

so when the subform on page 2 it hidden , even then a blank page appears.

i want to avoid printing that blank page.

i ahve tried making it on one page. and then using pagination (move to next content area).

but it doesnot dynamically generate the second page.

can anyone please help on this issue.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is just a guess, but i have faced similar behavior when the content of my form was not in any way fitting into the content area. I had the content too wide for example. I would check the size of the objects and see if that could help. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Otto,

i didnt get yuor point could expalin it a bit more.

my data fits in the second page but i dont want to display the page if the subform is hidden.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try not creating the instance of the UI element which is binded to a context node / attribute in the WD code. i think even if the subform is hidden, the UI which is bound to a context stores the data and hence consuming space.

check in ur WD code for the condition, and create the instance of the context based on the condition.

something like this:

if(condition)

{

---wdContext.create<nodename>Element();

}

Hope this helps u.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i havent used WD. i have created my form is SFP.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is just a guess, but i have faced similar behavior when the content of my form was not in any way fitting into the content area. I had the content too wide for example. I would check the size of the objects and see if that could help.

On a master page, there is a content area of some size. When you design the content of the page (not on the master page) the elements together have some size. If the size of the content doesn´t match the size of the content area or si not smaller, strange behavior appears, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any other data displayed on Page 2 than the subform which is flowed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

no there is no other data being displayed on the page 2..

except for the footer created on the master page...........

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try changing the direction of your subform 2 to Flowlayout and check, if there is no content then no space is occupied.

Hope this helps u.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the property of the subform is already flowed. and when the subform is hidden . even then the blank page appears.