cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with User specified system in SAP Logon 710. Please help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Few days back I have created some user specified systems in the SAP logon pad. Today I got service pack upgrade prompt for SAP GUI and I went ahead and accepted the same. It updated the GUI and restarted my system. Now I found that it has deleted all my user specified systems in the SAP logon pad.

Is there some way I can prevent this? Is there any file where it stores all the user specified systems?

If I can get this file then before upgrade I can make a copy of this.

Please help.

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there some way I can prevent this? Is there any file where it stores all the user specified systems?

If I can get this file then before upgrade I can make a copy of this.

SAP GUI stores all configured system entries in "C:\windows\saplogon.ini"

You can backup this file before doing such activity for safer side...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dude!

There are however some other files that is interesting to keep and distribute among the installed PCs:

In order to keep your user specified systems in the SAP logon pad after an upgrade of SAP GUI, or in general to distribute the "saplogon.ini" as well as the "C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetcservices" file and so on, refer to note 1035560 (SAP GUI 7.10).

For previous releases (6.20 or 6.40), you can refer to note 512040; however, this is not recommended as SAP recommends always to install the latest SAP GUI as it is downwards compatible.

Cheers!!

-Jesú