SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one give a Tip on best method to upload article master with transaction with considering that numer of aticle as well Store and dc are huge in number? I have some idea regarding artcle reference general assortmant and mass change but like to know best method step by stop to be performed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no standard Transaction that you can you to MASS create articles.

In the past I have used a combination of excel or a database, ABAP, LSMW to create the IDocs ARTMAS, LIKOND, CONDA and INFREC which then create the article(s). If you use Generic and Variant articles this becomes even trickier.

Regards

Lisa

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no standard Transaction that you can you to MASS create articles.

In the past I have used a combination of excel or a database, ABAP, LSMW to create the IDocs ARTMAS, LIKOND, CONDA and INFREC which then create the article(s). If you use Generic and Variant articles this becomes even trickier.

Regards

Lisa

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reply . I had used LSMW for single Article creation and even for Site extention. though better method is to use general assortment for site extention by listing.

it will be intresting if you can eloborate the method you adopted for upload of article from idocs. I have not used such method before

1. converted excel data files to limited txt file - can you tell what are the generally feilds to be used- i am sure its not same feilds formate as we use for article creation with lsmw.

2. Can you please elobrate "I used a combination of excel or a database, ABAP, LSMW to create the IDocs ARTMAS, LIKOND, CONDA and INFREC which then create the articles" ?- how we can create idoc with file and create articles ( Single and generic )

0 Kudos

The easiest way to upload articles from idoc is to use LSMW. In the step Maintain Object Attributes, select Business object method (BAPI) and enter the following fields:

Business Object BUS1001001

Method CLONE

Message Type ARTMAS

Basic Type ARTMAS05

By specifying suitable BO and Method, you can use other Message Types, e.g, LIKOND, CONDA and IFREC as well.

This also answers your question on how to use ARTMAS to create an article.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. I have understood till the 1 part of LSMW where to input Business objects.

But I am getting one message "Maintain the default values for IDoc inbound processing ".

Can you please tell me exactly what should be the input paramters to proceed further.

As per my understading we need to enter

FIle port,

tRFC port,

Partner Type,

Partner No.

Please tell me what will be inputs to these fields and

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Actually only 3 fields are necessary. File port, Partn.Type and Partner No.

In my system, it is setup like this (go to LSMW>Setting>Idoc Inbound Processing):

File port LSMW

Partn.Type US

Partner No. LSMW

There's a bit more setting for Partner No.

1. Click Maintain Partner Numbers

2. Select Partner Type US

3. Select your Partner No. (in this case LSMW)

4. At section "Inbound parmtrs.", maintain the followings

- Message Type: ARTMAS

- Process code: BAPI

5. Save

That should solve the problem.