cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in building webdynpro java application after reimporting data model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have webdynpro application on the front end, which is displaying data in PDF format using Interactive forms. At the backend an RFC adaptive function module is sending data in pdf format. Due to some issues, few changes have been done in the function module, adding an extra parameter to be send to the front end. When i tried to reimport the data model, it is not allowing me to build the application due to some errors.

I am unable to understand why i cant build the applicaiton successfully even after reimporting the data model with changed

specifications.

Please guide me in this regard, as i am quite new to Webdynpro Java.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Anupama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

If u re-import any RFC which has a structure change (add / delete parameters), u need to re-start ur WAS. else u will get an error.

this is bcoz, the application will try to point to the old RFC even after re-import. hope this helps u.

Re-start the server after u re-import and then make the necessary changes in binding and build.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and replies. As there were changes in the parameters, i didnt removed the mapping for old parameters, which was the cause of not building the application successfully.

Regards,

Anupama

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AnupamaD,

Please refer to below document if it not solved then you must restart your server for refelcting change from RFC.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10465350-b4f5-2910-61ba-a58282b3b...

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you Remove metadata cash by using Webydnpro/Console tool,your problem may be resolved.

Please follow the steps:

Go to webdynpro/console

Select your JCO destination

Select Remove button to delete cache .

Now u can restart your server and see the results.

I hope now its working fine.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

Could ypu pls post the error you are getting.

Deepak!!!