Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Clear all the CUP data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In sand box we have created many workflows, initiators, requests..etc,

We want to clear all those things, but when I try it , it saying that already in request reference.

I tried to insert AE_INSERTand_CLEANT.xml option alos...but no use.

Please suggest

Regards

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

you can either go into all tables via your DBM and delete all related tables. We did this once and it took us hours.

Once you are on SP11 you will have to add two new permissions to your user:

AE.DeleteRequestAction -> Configuration / Request / Delete Request

AE.DeleteRequestSubmit -> For the deletion submit

Like this you can delete all requests. Than you can delete your WFs

Nesimi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

You would have to work with your DBA to wipe out data from the database tables to clear the workflow. Earlier SAP used to provide deletion scripts which customers could use to wipe this data out by running this script at the database. However, they have done away with this now and instead they provide with table level info. only. Please create a message with GRC support where you would get the list of tables for which you need to wipe out the data. Once you get that list, work with your DBA to create script for these tables and wipe out data from them.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your details, really good.

But againI want know the details will be stored in ABAP System tables or Java tables

I mean in SAP Database or Java DB?

If you can help me the tables also..I would be very thankful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

The details for CUP application will be stored in JAVA table and not SAP tables. Everything related to any GRC 5.3 applications is stored in Java tables. I do not have list of all the tables related to it and that i why i suggested creating message with CSS support so that they would give you table details.

regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

It is advisable to get the list of tables officially from SAP. If someone misses/adds a table to the list you will end up messing up your CUP system. You have to be carefuly when you are directly playing with the database. That is the reason why SAP stopped providing the SQL script.

There is one other way to resolve this issue without deleting data. You can archive all your requests by going to configuration -> request -> archiving. Once the requests are archived, you should be able to delete/change most of the data. If this doesn't work then you will have to remove data from the database.

Regards,

Alpesh