cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form print/email - Attach IXOS .tif images via string table param?

0 Kudos

I am attempting to create an Adobe Form print/e-mail output for Invoices, with zero, one or many attached pages from the IXOS archive. (TIFF files.) So far I have managed to attach exactly one IXOS image. Now I need to make the number of attached images dynamic.

This is in Netweaver 7.0 / ECC 6.0 ehp 3 / LiveCycle Designer 8.1.

My ABAP driver program is a copy of SD_INVOICE_PRINT01. In pseudocode, I've added:

Logic to identify correct IXOS image.
Logic to extract IXOS image to application server's file system.
OPEN DATASET image.tif FOR INPUT IN BINARY MODE.
READ DATASET image.tif INTO xstring.
CALL FUNCTION 'SSFC_BASE64_ENCODE' EXPORTING xstring IMPORTING string.
APPEND string TO string_table.
CALL FUNCTION form_name EXPORTING attachments = string_table.

The form interface is a copy of INVOICE_INTERFACE (ABAP dictionary-based.) I've added import param. ATTACHMENTS type STRING_TABLE.

In the form's context tab, interface import param. ATTACHMENTS was dragged & dropped onto the context pane, yielding:

- Table ATTACHMENTS

-- Structure DATA

--- Field ITEM.

In Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.1, I *can* create an image field with binding ATTACHMENTS.DATA[1].ITEM - that prints the TIFF from IXOS just fine.

What *does not* work is placing ATTACHMENTS on the form as a table of image fields. I've tried several combinations - most look like this:

- Table or Subform ATTACHMENTS, binding ATTACHMENTS, repeat for each data item max = 1.

-- Row or Subform DATA, binding DATA[*], repeat for each data item min = 1.

--- Image field ITEM, binding ITEM.

The result is consistently one blank page. No more, no less.

Can anyone help?

Edited by: Eric Hopp on May 12, 2010 12:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have checked your post once again and I don´t understand one thing. You´re expected to send the XSTRINGs into the form, if I remember correctly. And looks like you´re converting the XSTRINGs into STRINGs. That seems wrong.

check these: and

Regards Otto

0 Kudos

Yeah, it seems weird that I had to base64-encode the .tif for the image field. (I found that trick on SDN ... somewhere ... ) Initially I tried reading the file into an xstring and passing the binary directly to the image field, but that did not work. Base64-encoding and passing as a text string works great. It would be interesting to know why...

Edited by: Eric Hopp on May 12, 2010 6:29 PM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have no experience regarding the table of pictures, but you could try a workaround if you don´t insist of displaying the images. You could attach the pictures as attachments (you know, the little attachments icon on the left in your Reader). The ABAP coding for this can be found in SE38 FP_* and when you check the descriptions you should be able to find the one working with the attachments.

Would be better than nothing I guess,

Otto