cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Content Conversion - Multiple Hier. Levels, Several Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Im here to ask your kind advice regarding a problem Im facing while trying to configure a Receiver File Adapter scenario. So these are the facts:

1) Data is supossed to flow from JDBC Adapter to File.

2) Scenario is about updating materials from ERP to an SQL central server and then to legacy system. For doing so I have developed an stored procedure that queries data from that central server and sends it to XI (Data is NOT separated by store but is coming all mixed within resultset).

3) As I needed data per store I had to perform some mapping for splitting data into the structure I wanted. (For further details please refer to message )

This is my Output structure:

<root>...

<File>

<Header>

<value1>value</value1>

<value2>value</value2>

<value3>value</value3>

</Header>

<Body>

<value4>value</value4>

</Body>

</File>

</root>...

The problem is that, according to this Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm], that structure will not work for building the file properly.

I checked the forums and then I came across with this Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7154] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, but it does not seem to work for me either as that suggestion talks about Header, Item and Sub Items, and what I really need is the ability to insert some kind of context during the File Content Conversion execution in order to creat multiple files from one single message execution.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Anibal Granado on May 12, 2010 12:37 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create several files using single message execution.

one source message structure and target multiple messgae types(0..1) occurance

and same thing you can implement in your Interface mapping.

1 -> Multiple Inbound interfaces

your target final strcture would be with Header,lineitems.

your JDBC->XI Intermedicate.

XI Intermediate ->XI final (this final structure will create the your file)

that way you can design your scenario.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venu, thanks for answering,

When you talk about intermediate structure you are referring to the approach I mentioned in the link above or to something that can be done using the same scenario structure I have right now?

I am going I little bit deeper in my scenario just in case I havent been so clear in my first explanation:

Lets suppose I have 3 stores: 1001,1002,1003

For each store there are 2 items: 999,888

So XI retrieves the information from the DB thru a stored procedure. This is the output:

STORE--PLU

1001--999

1001--888

1002--999

1002--888

1003--999

1003--888

Please note the information is coming in a flat structure. In the beginning I tried to separate it into several outputs (selects) as shown below but I relaized that was not possible to be handled by XI:

STORE--PLU

query 1

1001--999

1001--888

query2

1002--999

1002--888

query

1003--999

1003--888

That would have been the best approach as I would have generated one single file for each message and thats it, but unfortunately, Xi does not work that way with MSSQL Queries. So I had to made something up based on the answers I got from the SDN experts (Link is below in first message). There was when I used context handling for generating the structures myself within one single message.

In the scenario shown above I would have just needed to generate the following structure for creating messages from the source:

Level1: Main Node

Level 2: Header

Level 2: Body

But now, As I am forced to generate my 3 structures within 1 single message, I had to insert one more node to wrap header and body in per iteration (as a file would do):

Level1: Main Node

Level2: File

Level3: Header

Level3: Body

And that is the problem I am asking help for, that allegedly, XI File Content conversion can just handle up to 2 levels.

Thanks again for answering Venu.

Regards.

Edited by: Anibal Granado on May 12, 2010 11:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone who can help me with this matter?

I'd really appreciatte any contribution.

Regards.