SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prorate billing charges for disconnected installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing periodic billing with a flat monthly rate (service charge), on an installation that's been disconnected for 15 of the 30 days in the billing period. I want the service charge to prorate and only charge for the portion of time that the installation is CONNECTED. So I would expect 1/2 my monthly service charge to be applied.

I have set up that < 28 days and > 34 days should prorate.

My price is a standard flat rate, time category is Month, time basis is 1.

My period control is set with the following:

period procedure - Monthly Time portions dependent on interval (03)

aperiodic changes - month-based if step is in interval + ident to bill.period (02)

Can somebody point me in a direction of what I've missed?

Thanks

C N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

CN:

The variant has a flag for 'take disconnection into account'. Check your rate definition to determine if you are using a variant which allows for this.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

CN:

The variant has a flag for 'take disconnection into account'. Check your rate definition to determine if you are using a variant which allows for this.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Bill. I tried with that option selected and unselected (the documentation wasn't all that clear to me which way I needed it) to no avail.

I have tried extending the billing period more than 34 days to make sure it would want to pro-rate. I still can't get it to not charge for the disconnected period.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Bill. I was a little confused by this at first. I am using LUMSUM01 which does take into account the disconnection period if I understand it correctly - the "Disconnection Period" is checked in the variant definition. So I'm with you there I think. My rate also uses LUMSUM22, which does not take it into account, but that's just for writing the answer so I don't think that matters. I changed the value in the variant to see if it made any difference anyways, which it did not.

Is there something else that I need to set somewhere?

Thanks

0 Kudos

I've been trying to follow the documentation this process, and it seems to keep pointing me to the schema. It refers to an indicator called "relevant to disconnection" in the schema step, but I can find no such indicator. I've looked a hundred times it seems.

How and where do I find this input?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find this indicator in schema step , when you go in Change Schema (EA36) ,next to QTY SG "Quantity statistics group". there is a checkbox 'D",Disconnection Periods Not Valuated.

You can set this indicator for the schema steps which you don't want to be executed in disconnection period.

0 Kudos

Ahhh! Thank you Roopali.

I had my filter set to hide empty columns, and was in display mode instead of change mode, so of course the column was hidden!

Every day a new lesson learned!