Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization to create PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to find out the limit ( amount ) associated to the user creating a PO. User's authorization to create PO untill the amount on PO is less than X amount. How do i find that limit.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can't achieve this with authorizations directly. Your requirement is usually implemented using release procedures. Check SPRO -> Material Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Release Prodcedure for PO and talk to your MM consultant. Another way could be to use some BADI or enhancement to perform checks (there is BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST for ME23N).

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can't achieve this with authorizations directly. Your requirement is usually implemented using release procedures. Check SPRO -> Material Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Release Prodcedure for PO and talk to your MM consultant. Another way could be to use some BADI or enhancement to perform checks (there is BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST for ME23N).

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Access of user for releasing PO can be restricted based on release code. Each release code is associated with an amount which is configured by an MM consultant. The object through which release access can be restricted is M_EINK_FRG.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

Thanks Anjan,

Do you know the steps to assigning the object with purchasing group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You would need to create a role(through transaction PFCG) and add transaction ME28(Release Purchase order) or ME29N(Release Purchase order) in Menu Tab. Go to Authrization tab and click on "Change Authrization data". Find object M_EINK_FRG which is in the class MM_E and maintain values for the fileds Release code and Release group. Finally generate the role. You can assign the role to teh user through transaction SU01. You may want your Security team to help you with all these steps.

Note: Creation of Release groups is done by MM team.

Thanks.

Anjan Pandey

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

What you are trying to acheive is to restrict user to select release strategy while creating PO. However standard SAP functionality does not offer this. While creating PO below authorization ger checked

Document Type

Purchasing Group

Purchasing Organization

Plant

However what you are trying to aceive I would say why that is required as that PO have to go through approval process in multiple steps. So evenif the value for PO is incorrect that will be highlighted in approval before it goes out to Vendor

PO creation (ME21N) --> PO approval (ME28/ME29N) - 1 or multiple approval based on release strategy --> Vendor

However if you are still keen on restricting users from creating PO by release strategy then you need to look for MM consultant on possibility of you requirement as this need involve in changing SAP standard functionality I guess

Cheers

Arpan