Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impliment GRC Access control in difffrent landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In our company we have different landscapes in SAP and now we are planning to implement Access control in all landscape.

R/3 landscapes with out any Java stack( both ECC6 and 4.7 EE)

Solution manager landscape

XI landscape.

BW

and EP.

Our first target is R/3 Landscape. Can you please guide me. what will be the best approach to implement AC in R/3 systems as they don't have any Java stack.

I will appreciate if you can guide me with other landscape also.

Thanks,

Satyabrat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyabrat,

You will need a separate box to installe GRC AC 5.3. This box will be a Web Application Server (WAS) on Java Stack. You can connect to as many as Java stack (eg. EP) and ABAP stack systems (ECC, SM) from this GRC AC 5.3 box. Please look at the install guide, master guide and release notes of AC 5.3.

Regards,

Alpesh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyabrat,

You will need a separate box to installe GRC AC 5.3. This box will be a Web Application Server (WAS) on Java Stack. You can connect to as many as Java stack (eg. EP) and ABAP stack systems (ECC, SM) from this GRC AC 5.3 box. Please look at the install guide, master guide and release notes of AC 5.3.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following link If you plan to install sandbox system in one of your existing (sandbox)systems:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/SAPsDualStack+Strategy

Check the 23 and 24 pages for the GRC landscape:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a07b4cc8-1a57-2b10-1798-d2fec0684...

(You need to have some attention for the figure on 24th page. GRD - ERM connection is not required to QAS system. )

It is recommened to have a separate Java stack for each GRC system.

Thanks,

Himadama

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned earlier, We have multiple landscapes. Is it will be wise if we will put all the development and quality systems in one GRC system and all Poduction systems in Othe GRC system.

What can be impacts I can expect from the systems.

Thanks,

Satyabrat

0 Kudos

Satyabrat

The GRC landscape is technically separate from the different SAP Application components you mention so technically, you can connect the GRC system to any of the other components but creating the appropriate JCOs and SLD entries.

You will need to instal the RTAs in each of the required source systems (ERP, ECC, BW, XI, SM, CRM, SRM etc!) but they can all link to the sepearate GRC systems.

The exact landscape setup is dependant on what you wish to use GRC for. For example, you may wish to only link production GRC to production backend systems for Risk analysis and SoD. However, if you wish to use ERM or use Role bases analysis, you may find it useful to connect your production GRC system to your development backend systems where the roles are actually defined!

The architecture is deliverately flexible to allow you to do this.

For the initial use cases, it may make sense to keep Production segregated away from Pre-production systems but in the future, you may find that you wish to re-assess this as your useage grows.

Regards, Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Satyabrat