cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth Object C_AFVG_USR and C_PRPS_USR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I first understand that you have to make entries into OKP1 to link the field key which can be found on the user field tab to the project. This will then cause the project to look for one of these auth objects.

However we have only used this on one project and only used the auth object C_PRPS_USR authoization. We used fields PRPS_USRFLAG_1 and USRFLAG_2 to restrict what the user could see in a certain project. Our first problem is we cannot find where these fields are in the project. Can you tell us specifically where we can find these fields?

Second we now have two projects we want to restrict while allowing access to one to certain people and the same people would not get access to the other so we need to differentiate the two somehow. How do the fields PRPS_USR01, USR02, USR03, USR10 and USR11 work? I know they are on the WBS element tabe user fields but what can I put in these fields that would differentiate the two different projects?

Also what is the difference between C_PRPS_USR appears to be WBS related and C_AFVG_USR which appears to be network releated. Do the use the same USRFLAG fields.

I have spent quite a bit of time searching how to set these up and how they work but cannot find much documentation that specifically gives the how to.

Can someone please help. What is on this thread about these two auths is rather high level and I need all the details on what makes these work.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi

You can restrict the authorization between two project by considering the below

1.project types object C_PRPS_ART Project type

2.Project manager object C_PRPS_VNR Project manager (responsible person for WBSE)

As mentioned by you authorization object C_PRPS_USR,C_AFVG_USR is a user defined fields authorization.

The authorization is checked depending on the values in the user-defined fields with the type "Char" (text) and from the

indicator for reports.

User define fields that enables the user to add additional fields to:

Marketing documents

Payments

Master data (business partners, items, price lists and so on)

Production trees

Production instructions

Accounting and journal transactions

Budgets

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what fields exactly are related to C_AFVG_USR and C_PRPS_USR and if entering items in these fields will stop the project from being viewed.

Have you used this before and what did you do when you used these auths and what was the outcome.

I will look into the other auth objects but I am not sure they worked for us.

Thanks,

Mary

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For WBSE elements there are user-defined fields

1. General Text fields

2. Quantity fields

3. Value fields

4. Date fields

5. Check boxes

The above mentioned user fields are only for the information purpose

in the project. So, these informative fields access can be restricted to users by assigning the authorization objects (C_PRPS_USR, C_AFVG_USR) in Txn OPS1 based on scenarios.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of information are you talking about. An auth object is put in place to restrict users or allow users to do certain things. I am not sure what purpose and information auth object will be. Can you explain further.