cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Organizational Level Customizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solman Security guys,

I Need info on Organization level customizations for "Project_id " and "Roadmap" fields.

we have only production systems of SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

basis guys already using this for MOPZ and for other functionalities, but now we are more focusing on the coming 2 new projects.

projects are in just started so my role is to Create roles for project users and assign to them.

Scenario: we are going to implement "project-ABC " and "project-XYZ" .

project-ABC is going to implemented by one consulting company "ABC"

project-XYZ is going to be implemented by another consulting company "XYZ"

i want to create org level customizations for fields "Project_ID" and "Roadmap" for controlling authrizations.

going to Create a Master role and DERIVEROLE1, DERIVEROLE2 .

DERIVEROLE1 is going to assign to "ABC" Consulting company

DERIVEROLE2 is going to assign to "XYZ" Consulting company .

for confidentiaity purpose, i just want to make sure the "project-ABC" which is going to be implemented by consulting company "ABC", they are not allowed to see the project data and configurations of "Project-XYZ" same as vice virsa.

i know if i create orglevel, i need to manually adjust authorization data for roles, but in my case only basis people are using system, so i will manually adjust basis roles.

Question: 1) there is already customization values for field " Project_ID", and "ROADMAP" , if i create org level do these values are going to be deleted or not ? I heard sap default values are going to be deleted ? i am not sure.

Question 2) do i need to consider any other fields also to make org level in order to acheive my goal as i discussed above.

Question 3) can i get link for solution manager secutiy guide.

Please do let me know info,

Thanks folks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello prakhar, for giving info. just want to clear as mentioned below.

There is a field value as "SAP1" for Project_ID field already exisits in the system.

If i am changing that field "Project_ID" to org level then old values of field "Project_ID" is not going to be deleted right?

Please do let me know.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar Saxena ,

Thanks for sending the security guide. I am going through it.

Also as you mentioned, yes we are going to consult functional consultants to findout if they need more functions.

I am wondering if am going to Create Org level authorizations for fields " Project_id" and roadmap, the custom values for this fields are not going to be deleted right ?

Please do let me know.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wht do u mean by custom values

if you want to say that Project_ID changes not it will not

say if they create a solman project sap1 then this will remain the same.

is that was your doubt

secondly not only on project you can use Solution key as authorization parameter for the solutions which you create in DSWP

check the guide

Regards

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is link for solman ehp1 security guide

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000370562009E

for functionality perspective contact your functional person of solman who wil be implementing the projets etc. he can help you more

rest is there in security guide.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar