cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barcode not printing in bars

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i want to pirnt a bar code. but its coming in numbers than converting it.

i have attached styles.

i have selected paragraph format as BC barcode. however i am not able to select character format.

if i select too its going away ( becoming blank).

smart style has both paragraph and char formats. i have used the same style in many forms where its all working fine.

but here its not. and only difference i see is char format being empty here and filled in others.

not sure wat the problem is. can u plz suggest me wat i need to check.

Thanks a lot

regards

Kavana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, check whether the barcode character format in SE73 is configured properly as it's dependent on printer. The barcodes may not be visible in print preview. Take a printout or check converting the spool to pdf with RSTXPDFT4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk for ur responses...

i fixed it.

i had to just select the field, not just by clicking, but by draging and selecting the entire thing... and then choose the char format.

anyways it was a very silly thing, but no message SAP throws or syays wats going wrong.just updating here so that someone else can be benefited

regards

kavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you declare the barcode type inside the character format's standard setting in the smarstyle?

Did you activate the smarstyle?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.. smartstyle is activated and has char format.

the same style has been used in other forms which are working even now.

i changed styles, still i am not getting.

i guess teh problem is at the smartform end. i think i have missed some set up.

weird is char format not picking up in smartform even though i select from dropdown. i can see it but it wont get filled.

plz suggest...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try entering the old editor (button to the left) and inserting <your two letter font code>&your barcode&</> in a line that starts with your paragraph style. Close the line with a / between <this type of brackets>