cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to create WDJ application for touchscreen H/w

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to develop one app with Web dynpro java which will be tested from touchscreen hardware. I checked the normal WDJ application on that machine, its working fine.

But now the expectation is to provide the touchpad (as we see in touchscreen mobiles). And after clicking the alphabets or numeric etc, the corresponding value should go to the Last selected Input Field.

I am new to this touchscreen area so kindly help me out to resolve this asap.

Thanks & Regards

Mandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Are you developing a PDA or Laptop application? Are you using OCA?

Moreover, I am not sure what's the desired behaviour.Do you want the focus to remain in the last selected input field even though the user has clicked somewhere else on the screen?

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit

The touchscreen hardware provided to me, my basic WDJ app runs fine on it.

Let me explain my requirement: I need 2 components: 1) The screen with Input fields and other required fields/buttons etc.

2) The touchpad (Virtual Keyboard look).

The touchpad component shoudl be sepearately made as the requirement is tp reuse it for all other screens. It can be made by combining group of buttons and providing text to them. While clicking on it i can fetch the text written on it.

Whenever I put cursor on the inout field, my touchpad(on click of input field) should become visible. The data selected from touchpad should be appended in the input field.

My doubts are m looking for the implementation of onClick event for input field (In WDJ we dont have any such event).

Kindly suggest some thing. M dealing with basic WDJ app (working on Netweaver 2004 SP15)

Thanks & Regards

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Which OS are you using? Windows Mobile 2003, 2005 have this feature already available.The onscreen keyboard comes up when an input field is set to focus.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Sorry to say but m not into shopfloor for details. Its similar to our ATM machines... which doesnt have keyboard. So this requitement came up.

Regards

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

As you are using webdynpro java app running on 2004 SP15, you can use mobile webynpro online ( add specific parameters to url of app). Using function keys in ur app and running on symbol or intermec or naurtech browsers can provide ur functionality.

Regards

Vidyadhar