cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ext. requirement cannot be created - Product number X is not unique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please can you assist, we are running SRM 7 with two ECC backends. what we then do is replicate a material number X from ECC1, we then take a material from the ECC2 system with the exact same material number and perform a replication. to this point all is successful and the two materials appear in COMMPR01 in SRM. The issue arises when i create an external requirement for the material in either of the backend system, the table EPRTRANS is populated and after running BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER the EXTREQ gets stuck in SMQ1 ECC. message: BBP_EXTREQ 013 Ext. requirement cannot be created.

I then view the SLG1 log in srm and get the following error message: @5C\QError@ Product number X is not unique.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Tx G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oliver_wurm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Grant,

we have a test implementation with two ECC and one SRM system and encountered several problems. We (I guess) haven't tried to replicate external requirements yet but might face similar problems if we reach this.

What I WOULD do to avoid this problem is to implement a change BADI that populates the product guid (if possible). I'm pretty sure that one of the "logical System" fields (PRODUCT_SRC_SYS, LOGSYS_FI, EXT_DEM_LOGSYS or BE_LOG_SYSTEM) is already populated when the change BADI is called as part of the Purchasing Requisition replication to SRM. The change BADI could run function module BBP_PRODUCT_GETLIST to derive the product GUID based on the product number and the logical system name of the backend.

This should solve the problem.

Regards

Oliver

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

In EPRTRANS table there is no logical system

might be he needs to use BBP_BADI_EXTREQ_OUT - CHECK ANY parameters helps

BADI in ECC system

otherwise he needs to make arrangement for one PR one queue transfer immediatly rather than accumulating in one ..

how it is coming at one time . Are queues meeting accident while coming to SRM.

Muthu

oliver_wurm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I thought it is clear that the Change BADI must be implemented on SRM (BADI Definition Name is BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI).

The EPRTRANS Table is on ECC and it contains field EPROFILE which points to the logical system of the SRM System via table T160PR.

I fear I don't understand the rest of your reply. The timing of the replication ECC => SRM has no influence on the problem.

Regards

Oliver

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

why he get this error "@5C\QError@ Product number X is not unique."

since both are coming from different system .

every material came from different logical system

since comm_product has logical system entry.

so my question is how he can see material MM - COMMPR01 . Can he see material in SRM commpr01

@5C\QError@ Product number X is not unique.

Muthu