cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic questions about SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLMAN gurues:

Im an HCM consultant, and I dont know why ended up being responsible for creating a CHARM demo in our system. I have some initial doubts that I hope you can help me with:

I need to customize a demo for a maintenance cycle (neither an upgrade nor a project):

1) I dont get the idea of the "project cycle", lets suppose I create a project for maintenance of our live system, we have several modules which have little implementations every day. Lets suppose that the FI module is in testing phase and HR in customizing phase, which would be the real phase of the project cycle? Do I have to create a project everytime a change request is requested in the system? Im quite confussed about this!

2) Is there any easy to follow step by step to make a simple customizing of CHARM for maintenancing?

3) Which roadmap is recommended for maintenancing??

Thank you very much!!

Federico.

Edited by: Federico on May 11, 2010 11:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1 -> please check the SDN blog series "Change Request Management scenario: Working examples" by Dolores Correa, for example /people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/23/change-request-management-scenario-working-examples-147test148-phase . These will tell you what can you do in each phase.

2 -> please check the SDN blog /people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario , 'first steps to work with Change Request Management'

3->Maintenance projects don't really need a roadmap.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel:

Thank you a lot for your answer!

I had already taken a look at dolore's weblogs, but really I couldnt find the answer for my 1 question.

What it means that a maintenance project doesnt need a roadmap? What I would need is customize the place to store the documentation and test cases, does the roadmap cover that functionality or what else? Sorry Im quite lost with solman and running out of time.

Thank you a ton!!

Federico.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you are confused because you are talkng about 2 diff functionalities

1. moving and managining changes

CHARMS or Change Request Management fucntionality

2. Storing documentation

Project Management

Both are diff things and diff way is req to customization for it

I recommend you to go for SAP training for solution manager

as there are plenty of functionalities and all need lot of customization as you do in HCM area for using HCM functionalities via spro etc.

Last but not the least it is not a simple tool like LSMW etc but it is a Technology which provides end to end solution management with help of several inbuilt feature and functionality and is pretty huge.

hope it clarifies basic doubt.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar:

Thank you for your help! We are implementing SOLMAN for our live sistem (maintenance). Im creating a project for mantenaincing, and I need to store in Solman all the documentation.

What I dont understand is how to proceed for that first storage of informatioin in solman (configuration documents, scripts, etc). I went through all solman documentation I found but I still cant figure out what is the best way to proceed?

So far I think it could be the right way but Im pretty sure it is not right:

1) Create a maintenance project for our live system (ZR3)

2) Go to SOLAR02 and upload the information

3) Everytime we have a change request, how do we link it to the documentation we stored in step 2? I mean, we have to make a change in customizing, how we link it to the corresponding documentation?

Ok sorry for all those dumb questions!!

Hope you can help

Best regards!

Answers (0)