cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xml file read in a single line

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have configured a scenario FILE-FILE to generate a XML file as output(input also xml file). It has created xml file successfully, and this file is transferred from ECC5.0 to 4.7. In 4.7 this xml file is read by a particular program in which it is reading the entire file as a single line. This means that its not detecting end of line.

How can I resolve this??

Plz suggest.

rgds,

anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If I understand, the program needs to read an xml file as a single line. If so, look at Michal weblog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

With this simple xslt program you can put a whole xml file into a string. If you also need the inverse, string to xml, looks at the Henrique Pinto reply on bottom of weblog

To use XSLT programs you have 2 options:

XSLT-ABAP Engine -> /people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping

Or you can paste the xslt code in a txt file, zip the file and import it to XI as Imported Archives.

Hope it helps you

Ricardo.

Message was edited by: Ricardo Quintino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

There are 2 ways you could do this.

1. Change the data/message structure in repository to such a way that your program can read the output xml in different lines.

2.if you dont want the above option, change the program to read so that it reads the XML and break into different lines.

I would go with 1st option.

Check this out:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/42/f3ca2529491bc7e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Sorry for the late reply.

>> Change the data/message structure in repository to such a way that your program can read the output xml in different lines.

How can I change the data/msg structure like this?

Plz suggest me.

rgds,

anil.