cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without BPM:Call RFC using JCO in interface mapping using java mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a very small scenario where REQUEST from the customer comes via Web Service all i have to do is to read the request using SOAP adapter and call an interface mapping(lets say the name is IM_TEST) inside which there is a JAVA MAPPING program written which will call an RFC in CRM using JCO.

Now this was really simple and i cud test the Interface mapping successfully, but the problem is when loading the scenario in integration directory i have certain things to do

1. to set the SENDER AGREEMENT which i did correctly

2. set the RECEIVER DETERMINATION, INTERFACE DETERMINATION AND RECEIVER AGREEMENT now here i am stuck because there is no receiver in my case as the RFC is called inside the mapping only.

can i call one more message mapping in IM_TEST which will write file onto the XI directory and then in RECEIVER DETERMINATION, INTERFACE DETERMINATION AND RECEIVER AGREEMENT i can mention the reciever as FTP.

I tried it but i gives the following error

Runtime exception occurred during execution of application mapping program com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_TEST_WRITE_FILE: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException; Parsing an empty source. Root element expected!

Please help me how to complete the scenario so that customer can run it end to end.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on May 12, 2010 1:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

points given

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> here i am stuck because there is no receiver in my case as the RFC is called inside the mapping only.

No, your receiver as the target interface message of your interface mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it needs a structure to map too! is there a parent node that you can use to send a blank constant to ensure that node is created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What structure...i am able to generate response xml from the java mapping program....but cannot send it back to the customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan

Please explain ...i am not clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

the "Root element expected!" points towards something in the structure being missing....

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What structure...i am able to generate response xml from the java mapping program....but cannot send it back to the customer

This approach is totally wrong. Why are you not doing a simple SOAP -> RFC scenario?

As I had a similar discussion just yesterday, I wonder why you guys search for the most complicated and error-prone solution which is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefen

What do i do then...actually this is the project requirement. They want a very fast response from PI and thats why they wnt us to omit BPM and the Graphical mapping from the scenario.

I am able to test the interface mapping which calls the the Java mapping inside which there is an RFC call, but i cannot implement it end - to - end as there is no receiver business system in this case. The only business system i have is the SOAP sender.

I am really troubled now, please help me with a solution.

Is there any other possible way through which the process can become very fast whic hcan meet their requirement.

Regards

Naina

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tell you a second time:

Do a SOAP -> RFC scenario.

This is PI standard.

You can use Java mapping instead of graphical mapping, but graphical mapping is perfomance optimized, there is no need to omit this for perfomance reasons.

And of course you need no BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan

I understood your point now my other problem is Ialso want to write the incoming xml into a backup file onto XI directory in async mode .....this is also the part of SOAP - RFC -SOAP scenario

Is this possible to make sync - async connection without BPM(using some setting in integration directory)

Regards

Naina

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on May 12, 2010 1:45 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is this possible to make sync - async connection without BPM(using some setting in integration directory)

No, it is not possible to mix sync and async without BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got ur point ...i am now doing a simple RFC call without using java mapping

i m closing the tag